To schedule background jobs and process workflows within their SAP environments, many SAP customers use tools like SAP SM36/SM37, SAP Business Process Automation (BPA) by Redwood, SAP Central Process Scheduling (CPS) by Redwood, or the SAP Solution Manager — some of which are now end-of-life. They also lack event-based scheduling capabilities and focus mainly on SAP-related jobs, such as running an ABAP report. The workflow capabilities for more complex SAP processes are also very limited and hard to maintain if, for example, an ABAP step fails.
Achieving end-to-end visibility, accessibility, and observability requires integrating SAP with an enterprise service orchestration and automation platform (SOAP). Stonebranch has taken a future-proof approach with Universal Automation Center (UAC), giving you the next-generation power you need to replace or enhance end-of-life tools, along with many other traditional job scheduling and workload automation solutions.
Read this whitepaper to discover the key elements of successful SAP job scheduling. Learn how to:
- Power your transition from on-prem to the cloud by centrally managing jobs for both NetWeaver or S/4 HANA.
- Significantly reduce solution costs by scheduling and operating your SAP system copy process from on-prem or cloud using your existing team — you don’t have to hire an SAP expert!
- Give your SAP and Ops teams time to focus on value-added tasks with predefined automation workflows and tasks, rather than a collection of scripts.
- Schedule, monitor, and import all job descriptions, including SAP and non-SAP tasks, without any SAP administrative expertise or intervention.
- Improve error handling and remove complexity by scheduling SAP tasks in UAC.
- Schedule and monitor the end-to-end system copy process via a single web GUI.