Azure Virtual Machines: Start, Stop, and Terminate Instances
This integration allows users to utilize Azure Virtual Machine (VM) name, resource group, subscription ID, and access token as inputs to a start, stop, terminate, list, and check the status of Azure VMs.
- Uses a Python request module to interact with the Azure cloud platform.
- Expands user ability to start/stop/terminate/check/list Azure VMs that belong to a subscription and resource group.
- In the Stonebranch Universal Controller (UC), this task reaches and stays in the success state until the Azure instance is completely started, stopped, or terminated.
- Scheduling this task in UC with the right dependencies set up would start and stop EC2 instances based on business needs using a UC workflow.
- This task helps to dynamically manage VM operations. It could potentially reduce the Azure VM running cost in the cloud.
This integration uses Azure Oauth 2.0 access token for Azure API authentication. Users may need to use the UC web services task to refresh the access token periodically.
|Product Component:||Universal Agent|
|Compatibility :||UC/UA 6.9 and above|