HOW TO IMPORT AN INTEGRATION
An integration contains one or more of the following files:
- Universal Extension (ZIP file)
- Universal Task (XML file)
- Script file
When an integration has been downloaded, its files can be imported to the list of Universal Templates in the Universal Controller UI.
- Universal Extension is an extension-based Universal Template.
- Universal Task is a script-based Universal Template.
Importing to Controller 7.0.x and Later
In the Controller UI, select Administration > Universal Templates to display a list of Universal Templates. Click Import Templates at the top of the list. Browse for the ZIP file that you downloaded and click Import. The Universal Template in the downloaded ZIP file appears on the Universal Templates list.
In the Controller UI, select Administration > Universal Templates to display a list of Universal Templates. Right-click the taskbar at the top of the list and click Import in the Action menu that displays. Enter the name of the directory where the XML file was downloaded and click OK. The Universal Task in the downloaded XML file appears on the Universal Templates list.
Scripts do not get imported. They simply are available from the location where they were downloaded.
Note:a ZIP file also can contain XML files and Scripts, rather than a Universal Extension. However, you still must use Import Template to import the ZIP file.
Importing to Controller 6.9.x and Earlier
Controller 6.9.x and earlier do not include Universal Extensions and do not have the Import Template feature, which is only for ZIP files.
You cannot import a ZIP file to 6.9.x; you only can import XML files.
- In the Controller UI, select Administration > Universal Templates to display a list of Universal Templates.
- Right-click the taskbar at the top of the list and click Import in the Action menu that displays.
- Enter the name of the directory where the XML file was downloaded and click OK. The Universal Task in the downloaded XML file appears on the Universal Templates list.
How do I Import Items into my Environment?
This import is available from every records list in the Controller. It lets you import any valid XML file to the list via the Import command that is available on the Action menu for that list.
List Import requires you to do the import from the Controller server’s file system.
For Universal Controller 6.9.x and Earlier
- Any Universal Template XML found in the import directory will be processed prior to any other XML.
- Universal Template XML will be processed only if the Universal Template does not exist by name or sys_id. You can create a Universal Template via List Import, but you cannot update a Universal Template via List Import; if the Universal Template exists, the Universal Template XML will be ignored.
- Any Universal Task XML must be validated to ensure that it conforms to the currently defined Universal Template it is associated with.
This import is available in Universal Controller 188.8.131.52 and later, which lets you create two types of Universal Templates:
- Universal Extension-based
Import Template lets you import a Universal Extension-based Universal Template, which includes a Python zip archive (a non-Controller entity) containing Python source code, via an Import Universal Template button at the top of the Universal Templates list.
You cannot use List Import to import a Universal Extension-based Universal Template.
Import/Export Template allows the end-user to use files that are local to their system.
Are you having issues downloading your new integration? Contact us and we can answer your questions.I Need Help