A Web service is a method of communication between two electronic devices over a network.
This integration provides the capability to call endpoints of foreign APIs. It is beneficial for Stonebranch SaaS customers accessing the Universal Controller in the Stonebranch AWS Cloud and having their Universal Agents deployed in their datacenter. As the integration is triggered from the Universal Agent, no additional firewall port for the Universal Agent needs to be opened.
- Support for communicating with APIs using the HTTP(S)/REST protocol.
- Support for HTTP Methods GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, PATCH.
- Support for Authorization towards a foreign API using Basic Authentication, API Key, access token or SSL client authentication
- Ability to obtain OAuth2 Access token using Resource Owner Password Credentials (aka "Password Credentials") or Client Credentials Grant Types.
- Ability to use a proxy between Universal Agent and target web service.
- Ability for configuration of custom exit codes based on the web service response payload (Supported for JSON payloads).
- Passing Credential information as URL-Encoded Form Data is now supported.
|Universal Template Name:||Web Service Integration|
|Compatibility :||UC/UA 7.2 and above|