UAC Utility: Jobs-as-Code (JaC)
The Stonebranch Jobs-as-Code (JaC) Universal Extension automates task and workflow delivery pipelines in which the job configuration is managed as code. This approach allows developers to create and manage job configurations using DevOps methodologies — complete with version control, testing, and continuous integration.
- The extension is configurable, allowing end-users to create jobs-as-code using the integrated development environment (IDE) of choice.
- The extension integrates with an external version control system (Gitlab, Github, or Bit Bucket), which stores the corresponding job definitions.
- Integrating with existing delivery pipelines, jobs can be stored on the external git repository and/or imported.
- Universal Automation Center (UAC) job definitions may be created through the Universal Controller (UC) user interface or as code in a development environment.
- Query UAC definitions based on a variety of selection criteria. This feature can be used as a dry-run before exporting or importing to/from a Git repository.
- Export selected UAC Definitions to a Git Repository. After the export, this repository can be used as a backup or as a basis for developer collaboration on top of a source version control system.
- Import back to Universal Controller, UAC Definitions stored already in a Git repository. For UC version 7.3, or higher, the import feature can be triggered by using webhooks.
- GitLab/GitHub/BitBucket providers are supported.
- Total count of the selected/exported/imported UAC definitions.
- Detailed table representation of the exported/imported UAC definitions.
- Fix issue in which the UC definition git files could not be verified when imported from Azure DevOps.
- Improve file extraction when import is originated from Azure DevOps Webhook Payload.
|Universal Template Name:
|Jobs As Code
|Atlassian, GitHub, GitLab
|UC/UA 7.2 and above