Kubernetes: Hybrid File Transfer
Please visit the Red Hat Marketplace to purchase.
Configure and deploy integrations within Pods. Automate secure file transfers of data between on-prem, private, and public cloud platforms and applications. Trigger transfers in real-time based on system events. Break down data silos.
This solution is used to pre-configure Stonebranch Universal Agents to work with Kubernetes. You may configure any number of agents with this solution. Configured agents are used for secure file transfers between any solutions running on Red Hat OpenShift and any platforms or applications that are not. This includes moving data between the mainframe and the cloud in a hybrid IT environment.
This product is available as a certified operator from the Red Hat Marketplace. For ease of access, you may alternatively download the solution directly from the Red Hat OpenShift console. There is a free trial available, so go ahead and take it out for a spin.
- Hybrid file transfer for OpenShift: Automate the transfer of data back and forth between your mainframe, on-prem servers, cloud storage, virtual servers, and any application running on OpenShift.
- High security for internal and external file transfers: Battle-tested encryption ensures files are secure across both internal transfers and transfers with external third-party applications and platforms.
- Real-time file transfers with event-based triggers: With event-driven automation technology, you will achieve real-time automation across your entire hybrid IT environment. Event-based triggers include file monitors, email monitors, application monitors, and many more. Of course, you may also use time-based triggers.
- Real-time monitoring and auditing: Real-time monitoring and auditing of the entire file transfer process and centralized logging of all activities make the movement of data easy to track and virtually audit-proof.
- Automate and schedule workloads: Use a visual drag-and-drop workflow editor to automate and schedule jobs/workloads across any application and platform. Easily combine the power of the Stonebranch Universal Controller (UC) with Universal Agents and Red Hat OpenShift Pods. The benefits of using UC to schedule jobs/workloads for an application deployed on OpenShift include highly reduced resource consumption, scalability and performance, fast deployment, and testing.
- Integrate OpenShift with any other applications or platforms: By running a Universal Agent within an OpenShift Pod, you are able to take advantage of the many integrations that run through the Stonebranch platform. This means you can connect with a variety of applications and platforms that span categories like DevOps, Big Data, ERP, CRM, Infrastructure, and other business applications.
Example Use Cases:
- Transfer files from the mainframe to all started OpenShift Pods related to an application.
- Transfer files from an application in OpenShift to an application within the internal IT landscape, e.g., SAP business warehouse.
- Transfer a file from any cloud storage to all OpenShift Pods related to an app (and vice versa).
- Trigger a file transfer from a third-party web app located in an OpenPaaS landscape.
How does it work?
- Any file transfer can be triggered by calling the REST API of the UC. Essentially, you can start a file transfer workflow from any application, independent of whether it runs on a (virtual) server, mainframe, or in a Pod.
- Once a Pod is started, the sidecar container is also started, and the Universal Agent of the sidecar container automatically registers to a UC agent cluster specific for the application. For each OpenShift application, one UC agent cluster is created.
- As soon as the Universal Agent of the sidecar container is assigned to the related UC agent cluster, all related Pods are able to send and receive files from any other Universal Agent installed on a server, either on the mainframe or agentless from any cloud storage.
|Product Component:||Universal Agent|
|Vendor:||Kubernetes, Red Hat|
|Compatibility :||UC/UA 7.0 and above|