Jenkins: Start and Trigger Workflows
This integration improves the functionality of Jenkins when orchestrated from the Stonebranch Universal Automation Center. It encourages collaboration by enabling the well-controlled and automated deployment of applications over to the operations side.
- UAC communicates with Jenkins through the Python Jenkins module.
- Jenkins can make REST API calls to the Stonebranch Universal Controller (UC) to trigger any task or workflow.
- This task can trigger or start an existing build job in Jenkins. The UC will monitor the build execution in Jenkins until completion, then send the build results to the UC. With this task, users can create a building job in Jenkins from the UC. Any Jenkins build job definitions in XML will be stored centrally in the UC.
- It offers the functionality to fetch the Jenkins job build information and list running build info in Jenkins from UC.
- Enable/disable Jenkins jobs and nodes and delete/copy/rename Jenkins jobs from UC.
- When users list the installed plugins in Jenkins, a plugin install can be triggered from the UC.
- Set the next build info for Jenkins to build jobs.
|Product Component:||Universal Agent, Universal Controller|
|Compatibility :||UC/UA 7.0 and above|