The results are in! New research reveals what automation-focused IT professionals across the globe have to say about the state of IT automation in 2023.
Organizations are enhancing their automation capabilities in 2023: 81% of respondents plan to grow their automation program and 86% plan to replace or add a new automation platform.
Developed in partnership with Censuswide, the 2023 Global State of IT Automation Report: IT Automation and Orchestration Benchmarks for IT Ops, DevOps, CloudOps, and DataOps Teams identifies the latest trends, best practices, and benchmarks for automation and orchestration across cloud, data pipelines, IT operations, self-service enablement, and more. Key findings include:
- Cloud automation takes center stage. Cloud is a top priority in 2023 — 99% of respondents have at least one cloud initiative planned for the year. Organizations are automating everything from SaaS tools to cloud-native applications to cloud infrastructure.
- Cloud automation gains permanence. This year, permanent production jobs climbed two spots to become the top automation priority, while ad hoc environment creation dropped from first to fourth place. This shows that companies are moving from just testing and piloting the cloud to using it in their day-to-day operations.
- Data pipeline orchestration strategies continue to evolve. Data-centric tools were one of the first areas to go mainstream in the cloud, yet many enterprise data operations and sources still reside on-premises. Transferring data between these tools and environments is a common and pressing need.
- Self-service automation is booming. 92% of respondents empower end-users from data, cloud, development, and line-of-business teams to execute their own workflows, tools, and processes. This growth is most dramatic for tech-focused teams, with data teams experiencing 2x growth and developers seeing a 4x increase year-over-year.
Download the Stonebranch 2023 Global State of IT Automation report to:
- Discover the 2023 IT automation outlook across various global regions.
- Benchmark your IT organization's performance and efficiency against other enterprises around the globe.
- Better understand global trends in cloud and multi-cloud automation, as well as the ways other organizations are orchestrating workloads across on-prem and cloud environments.
- Learn best practices in data pipeline orchestration and data toolchain integration.
- Explore how self-service automation empowers IT Ops, DevOps, CloudOps, and DataOps teams to execute their own workflows and enable organization-wide orchestration.
Hear from the experts! Watch the research results webinar.