Register Now for Innovation Europe 2014
Published by Mike on March 27, 2014 @ 10:37 in Events, Innovation Europe
Great news! Registration is now open for Innovation Europe 2014, Stonebranch's annual Workload Automation conference.
Innovation Europe 2014 will take place October 23-24, 2014 at the Amsterdam Hilton. More details can be found at http://www.stonebranch.com/ie14/.
This year's Innovation Europe in Amsterdam offers several benefits:
- Take a first look at Stonebranch's brand-new Opswise 6.1 Automation Suite
- Learn how emerging technologies and practices like DevOps, Cloud Computing, and Big Data are changing the landscape of workload automation
- IT Security trends in 2014
- Be briefed on how other Stonebranch customers are getting the most out of Automation
- Insight and information from Workload Automation experts
Register now and we'll see you in Amsterdam!
Higher Level Orchestration is Possible via IT Process Automation
Published by Mike on March 12, 2014 @ 10:22 in DevOps
Within the upper-end of more IT Process Automation tools (including Job Scheduling and Workload Automation tools) exists a core set of capabilities which are ideally suited to provide high-level orchestration and server as an integration broker in order to facilitate key DevOps processes and Workflows.
Included in this list of core capabilities for DevOps includes:
- Comprehensive workflow capability
- A comprehensive set of OS integrations
- Excellent reuse of process template with variable substitution
- File Transfer, Monitoring, and Managing
- Open API's for easy integration
- Visualization and Notification capabilities, including SLA management
- A script repository with comprehensive version control
Example: A billion dollar Video Game Company turns a one-hour error-prone process into a large, integrated workflow launched by a single click of the button.
Bioware had a problem. The process to automate a software update on a SHARD (Shared instance of an online multi-player gaming world) was error prone and took excessive time. Security updates, software patches, new versions of pre-requisites, and starting up and shutting down all the components in the right order was a complex checklist that due to its complexity had to be handled serially and manually, leading to errors. By implementing Opswise Automation Center, they were able to run processes automatically, process multiple SHARD instances simultaneously, and parallelize many steps at once. The result was a 90% reduction in time and a dramatic decrease in manual errors.
Tame DevOps with Opswise Automation Center
Published by Mike on February 19, 2014 @ 10:00 in DevOps
Over the past 4 years, DevOps has become a much-discussed methodology for rapidly and continuously releasing and deploying software in a more efficient manner than traditional silo'd approaches.
In many ways, it can be viewed as a cultural revolution within an IT organization between applications, infrastructure, and IT operations teams communicating and collaborating more closely in order to assure more reliable and higher quality software.
Many of the principals of DevOps can find its roots within the Agile Development movement of the past dozen years. Key to this is the emphasis on breaking down or the minimization of traditional organizational barriers.
Similar to Agile Methodologies, at this stage of its development, DevOps has started out more broadly adopted in smaller, next-generation companies, while being viewed as a curiosity or being implemented very cautiously within larger enterprises.
Large Enterprises have a number of challenges for DevOps adoption including existing change control practices, outsourcing of key components of the IT Infrastructure that needs to participate in the change to DevOps, and general resistance to cultural change.
If the heart of DevOps is frequent releases and continuous integration and deployment, then its nervous system has to be Automation.
Register for TechEd Now - Early Bird Discount Ends Soon!
Published by Mike on February 11, 2014 @ 14:04 in Stonebranch TechEd
Register for Stonebranch's TechEd Summit May 20-22, 2014 at Eaglewood Resort in Chicago, Illinois. The early bird discounted rate is still in effect, but it won't be for long!
Registration is only $400 USD if you register before March 1, 2014. We hope to see you there!
Check Out Our New Website
Published by Mike on January 27, 2014 @ 13:56 in Stonebranch News
Welcome to the new look and feel of Stonebranch.com.
This new website is mobile friendly, so whether you're working on a desktop or laptop or tablet or smartphone, the information you seek is readily available in an intuitive fashion.
We've also made our new 4-minute online video accessible from every page without requiring a form submission. Go ahead and click "Watch Demo" in the upper-right corner. We'll meet you back here in 4-minutes...
Enjoy our new site, and feel free to pass it on. We've got a great story to tell and we can't wait to share it with everybody.
Free United Supermarkets Case Study
Published by Mike on January 24, 2014 @ 11:50 in Customer Stories
To continue their success in a highly competitive grocery industry, United Supermarkets required a more flexible and agile data processing capability that would allow for self-service access by a variety of users in both technical and non-technical roles. Click here to read their compelling story and learn how they elevated their automation power to match their rapidly evolving, nimble grocery retail business.
What you'll learn:
- How to leverage modern automation technology across cultural divides
- The benefits when moving to a modern, leading edge web-based tool
- How to measure success
Click here to see how Jeff Bridges transitioned United Supermarkets to a modern, leading edge web-based tool.
Celebrate with a Conversion Cake
Published by Mike on January 16, 2014 @ 11:13 in Customer Stories
A new Stonebranch customer is converting to Stonebranch's Opswise from CA's ESP. We celebrated the kick-off in the best way possible: with a cake!
For free information as to how Stonebranch can convert you from your early generation job scheduler, click here.
There's a cake in it for you.
Stonebranch's TechEd 2014: Early Bird Discount
Published by Mike on January 13, 2014 @ 14:28 in Stonebranch TechEd
At Stonebranch TechEd 2014, gain the tools not only to validate an ROI strategy, but also to sustain it in a cost-effective manner.
Save the Date:
May 20-22, 2014 at Eaglewood Resort in Chicago, Illinois.
Register now before March 1 and save 20%.
Here's what those who attended last year's TechEd had to say about their experience:
- This has been a great experience! I think your "70% of the buying influence is people" is a little too low! Julie, Bob, and Larry sucked us in and the development staff did a great job of cementing it!
- Great job putting this together!!! I have been attending user group conferences for 20+ years and this one ranks near the top. I really appreciated meeting and talking to the developers, too. From the top of the Stonebranch organization through all levels of support, development, sales, etc. Keep up the great work and good job!!
- Great Conference, Great Value, learned a great deal.
- This was a great conference. A very relaxed and casual atmosphere that enabled an easy avenue to give and receive good info.
- Been using Opswise for a year. I'm leaving the conference with many new ideas. The conference was better than I expected. Well Done!
Stonebranch TechEd 2014 is a great investment, offering educational value while enabling you to leverage your existing software assets. Learn more at http://www.stonebranch.com/teched2014/.