Stonebranch builds dynamic IT automation solutions that transform business IT environments from simple IT task automation into sophisticated, real-time business service automation, helping organizations achieve the highest possible Return on Automation. No matter the degree of automation, Stonebranch software is simple, modern and secure. Using its universal automation platform, enterprises can seamlessly orchestrate workloads and data across technology ecosystems and silos. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia with points of contact and support throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia, Stonebranch serves some of the world's largest financial, manufacturing, healthcare, travel, transportation, energy, and technology institutions.
Your Part in this Growth Story:
Stonebranch is searching for a zOS Developer who’s interested in playing in the explosive IT automation market. The ideal candidate would contribute his/her knowledge and ideas in building/refactoring existing code base to improve our agent software's solution for zOS, aligning it with our product roadmap and vision. Contribute to all phases of development life-cycle, which includes planning, design, implementation, unit testing, acceptance testing, and documentation. Practice an Agile/SCRUM-driven development methodology and adhere to contemporary development practices such as TDD (Test-Driven Development) and continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD). Promote the zOS platform, train others as needed, and incorporate modern, innovative solutions and features to our agent product.
Your Impact on The Organization:
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Configuration and maintenance of software and scripts which support development activities. Includes build, unit level testing, automated testing and deployment of code.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation like coding standards and processes such as peer reviews, configuration management, version control, testing, deployment and operations.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Serve as a resource for other team members, sharingknowledge of existing and upcoming z/OS capabilities and participating in release planning when necessary
- Work with Stonebranch's zOS mainframe provider as needed to discuss/implement environmental changes and/or troubleshoot issues
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience.
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- 5+ years of C/C++ experience on the zOS platform.
- 7+ years of zOS Assembler experience.
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge developing zOS applications that
- Execute as started tasks
- Manage and monitor job submission and completion
- Prepare jobs for restart/rerun (e.g., step COND processing, temporary datasets, GDG resolution)
- Collect and process SMF record types 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 30, and 70
- Interface with SMF exits IEFUSI, IEFU83, IEFU84, and IEFACTRT
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Redmine, VersionOne, or Jira.
- Experience with Git or Subversion.
- Experience developing C/C++ applications for Windows, Linux, Unix (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX), and/or IBMi platforms is a plus.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong technical knowledge (beyond that of a typical user) of thefollowing products/areas:
- ISPF, SDSF
- Unix System Services (USS)
- Experience with the following items is highly desirable, but not required:
- GoogleTest or other UTest-based unit test framework for C/C++
- zOS systems programming/administration (e.g., shutdown/IPL, account management access management)
- Interpersonal skills and appreciation of other people's work discipline
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally with Stonebranch employees and partners
- The ability to work in a team
- Fluent in English
Why You’ll Love Stonebranch:
- Competitive compensation
- Workforce fitness program / gym reimbursement
- Excellent health benefits
- 401k to help you save for your future
- Regular social events
- Paid holidays and generous time off policy to rest and recharge
- Convenient North-Atlanta location
To ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees, clients, and visitors, Stonebranch, Inc. currently requires all U.S. based employment candidates to have submitted proof of having received the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to interviewing on-site in order to be considered for a position at Stonebranch Inc., unless they have obtained a reasonable accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Stonebranch, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this extraordinary career opportunity with Stonebranch, please apply directly via our recruiting platform by clicking the button below.