Senior Java Developer
Stonebranch is a thriving software development company providing solutions for modern IT organizations. Our products provide enterprise-wide automation of complex IT business processes in a simple, intuitive way – including processes on the cloud, distributed, and on the mainframe. Stonebranch clients include some of the world's largest financial, healthcare and technology institutions. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Stonebranch has more than 350+ customers and points of support throughout the world, including the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Greece and Germany.
We are looking for a Senior-Java Developer in our Alpharetta, GA office. The Senior Java Developer will contribute his/her knowledge and ideas in building/refactoring existing code base to improve our Universal Controller software architecture and robustness, additionally implement features to position our automation software in line with our product roadmap and vision. They will contribute to all phases of the development life cycle, from analysis to design, implementation, QA, and documentation. The team member is expected to embrace development best practices, such as TDD (Test-Driven Development) and test automation. The Senior Java Developer will report to the Universal Controller team lead.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle.
- Engage with internal stakeholders, for example, with product management on software requirement specifications, and with support on customer issue resolution.
- Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components based on software requirement specifications.
- Provide estimations, implement, test, and deliver features and bug fixes based on the release plan.
- Configuration and maintenance of software and scripts which support development activities. Includes build, unit level testing, automated testing and deployment of code.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- 5+ years of Java experience.
- 2+ years of database experience in Oracle, MySQL, and/or Microsoft Silverer.
- Development experience using Eclipse IDE with Eclipse EGit provider plugin for Git.
- Experience using agile software development tools such as VersionOne and Jira, and GitLab for repository management and feature collaboration would prove useful.
- Experience with web application development with GWT.
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services using the Jersey framework, that produce and consume both XML and JSON.
- Working knowledge of the Apache Axis2™ SOAP engine, or SOAP in general, would be a benefit.
- Experience with unit testing framework JUnit, and complimentary mocking framework Mockito with PowerMock extension APIs.
- Working knowledge of test automation frameworks such as Robot, and Selenium, would be beneficial.
- Experience deploying and managing web applications with Apache Tomcat®.
- Experience with Jenkins automation server for Continuous Integration (CI), specifically, build, test, and deployment automation. Involves management of the Jenkins pipeline and scripts, such as Ant.
- Experience with Windows, and Linux/Unix platform.
- Highly competitive Pay
- 10 Holidays
- Fitness & Gym
- Great company culture
- Healthy Food and Drinks
- Relocation assistance available
- Employer paid benefits (medical, vision, dental…etc.), with health incentive program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply Online Today!
Stonebranch, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this extraordinary career opportunity with Stonebranch, please apply directly via our recruiting platform by clicking the button below.