Principal Software Architect
Stonebranch builds dynamic IT automation solutions that transform business IT environments from simple IT task automation into sophisticated, real-time business service automation, helping organizations achieve the highest possible Return on Automation. No matter the degree of automation, Stonebranch software is simple, modern and secure. Using its universal automation platform, enterprises can seamlessly orchestrate workloads and data across technology ecosystems and silos. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia with points of contact and support throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia, Stonebranch serves some of the world's largest financial, manufacturing, healthcare, travel, transportation, energy, and technology institutions.
Your Part in this Growth Story:
Stonebranch is searching for a Principal Software Architect who’s interested in playing in the explosive IT automation market. Within this key position, you will define the business and technical architecture for Stonebranch products to support our customers in managing complex multi-user and multi-disciplinary IT systems with complex and varied workloads. You will also enable our workload automation system to act as a single point of control that adds a new level of efficiency to the planning, execution and monitoring of various asynchronous applications that run in a complex, diverse and distributed IT environment.
The right candidate will take architectural leadership by developing innovative concepts. This person will also provide technical analysis, solution sketches and effort estimations based on the requirements submitted by product management or customers. You will support other Stonebranch organizations in RFI, RFP, and technical evaluations of the requirements from customers.
Your Impact on The Organization:
- Reporting to the Vice President R&D and interfacing with Product Management, R&D Development and Quality Assurance, Solution Consulting, Systems Integration, and other departments daily.
Strategic Work Impact:
- Lead the company's research efforts in the area of software development.
- Identify research needs, perform research and build prototypes when necessary.
- Define the target architecture of our software.
- Specify architectural, operability and usability improvements.
- Document software architecture trends and identify opportunities to enhance our products (innovation management).
- Introduce static source code analysis and analyze source code and architecture quality;
- Ensure maintainability of our software.
- Support the knowledge management process by evaluating information/knowledge needs & flows within Stonebranch.
Operational Work Impact:
- Analyze code and architecture quality and identify areas of existing code which require refactoring.
- Analyze requirements submitted by product management or customers.
- Write epics and users stories to outline our understanding of the requirements.
- Check technical feasibility, deliver solution sketches and effort estimations.
- Support development during design phase.
- Support product management with competitor analysis on technical level.
- Contribute to the content of our knowledge base
- Define KPIs for the design process and define performance goals for the architects
- Manage the architecture team and attend to the personal development of team members.
- Support other organizations by presenting architecture and functionality.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of software architecture experience.
- Experience with database technology such as Oracle, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Windows, Linux/Unix platform.
- Experience with knowledge management tools.
- Analytic thinking skills.
- Interpersonal skills and appreciation of teammates’ work discipline.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Fluent in English language.
Why You’ll Love Stonebranch:
- Competitive compensation
- Workforce fitness program / gym reimbursement
- Excellent health benefits
- 401k to help you save for your future
- Regular social events
- Paid holidays and generous time off policy to rest and recharge
- Convenient North-Atlanta location
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Stonebranch, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this extraordinary career opportunity with Stonebranch, please apply directly via our recruiting platform by clicking the button below.