Knowledge Management and Education Intern
Stonebranch is seeking a Knowledge Management and Education Intern to work out of our European Headquarter Office in Frankfurt for a minimum of 6 months ideally starting from June 1, 2019.
Knowledge is an important basis for effective and efficient work within our company. The role of Knowledge Management and Education Intern supports the operationalization of Stonebranch's knowledge management strategy. The intern will therefore support Stonebranch in harnessing, developing, sharing and effectively using organizational data and knowledge to improve organization-wide activities, current practices and future developments. Furthermore, part of this role is to support departments in the development of internal (and potentially external) training materials and knowledge transfers. This entails ensuring all current training and new-hire materials are up-to-date.
We also offer the possibility of writing your Master thesis with us in cooperation with your University (of Applied Sciences).
- Supports the operationalization of the knowledge management strategy by assisting departments with capturing, organizing and developing information, knowledge and stories from staff and the people we work with.
- Helps Stonebranch staff to embed best-practice approaches to information and knowledge management into all areas of their work.
- Supports implementation of various codification and personalization efforts.
- Shares best practices from staff.
- Documents and reviews all knowledge management efforts.
- Uses quantitative as well as qualitative methods to determine employees' knowledge needs.
- Aids with the conceptualization and creation of internal training and development materials regarding our products and core systems.
- Is often the first point of contact for Stonebranch colleagues seeking support, advice, information, guidance around knowledge management systems.
- Provides extensive resources and support for new hires.
- (enrolled in) BS or MS degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Management, or a related subject
- Experience with (enterprise) content management systems (CMS) or wiki tools, e.g. Confluence or MediaWiki open source platform, MS SharePoint/Teams is preferred
- Experience with knowledge management systems such as Atlassian Confluence, Freshdesk, or similar is a plus
- Experience with HTML5, CSS is a plus
- Experience with Windows and Linux/Unix platform
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
- A commitment to knowledge management and organizational learning
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate people
- Proficient in the use of modern business technologies
- Reports to the Director of Knowledge Management and Education at Stonebranch
- Interfaces with Quality Management, Professional Services, Product Management, Research and Development, Sales & Marketing, General & Administration
Stonebranch is committed to delivering the highest degree of return on automation. Dynamic IT automation is all we do. It's our core business. With our laser-like focus on IT automation technology, we are known among industry analysts and our clients as both the visionary and the value leader in our space. Stonebranch clients include some of the world's largest financial, healthcare and technology institutions. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Stonebranch has more than 350+ customers and points of support throughout the world, including the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Greece and the EMEA Headquarter in Germany. Delivering the best products, combined with the best service and support in the industry, is how we ensure both your success and ours.
Stonebranch, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this extraordinary career opportunity with Stonebranch, please send your letter of application and your CV in English and German. You can contact us at: