Stonebranch builds dynamic IT automation solutions that transform business IT environments from simple IT task automation into sophisticated, real-time business service automation, helping organizations achieve the highest possible Return on Automation. No matter the degree of automation, Stonebranch software is simple, modern and secure. Using its universal automation platform, enterprises can seamlessly orchestrate workloads and data across technology ecosystems and silos. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with points of contact and support throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia, Stonebranch serves some of the world's largest financial, manufacturing, healthcare, travel, transportation, energy, and technology institutions.
Your Part in this Growth Story
We are looking for Accounting Manager in our Frankfurt, Germany office. This position reports to the VP Global Finance and Admin team as needed. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for revenue recognition review, general ledger accounting, financial reporting and financial analytics, as well as other special projects and office responsibilities as needed.
Your Impact on The Organization:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in month-end close activities for the EMEA region including the preparation and review of journal entries and review of budget-to-actual reports & variance analysis, to include accruals, prepayments and fixed asset accounting. Reconcile general ledger accounts, post journal entries, and assist with the preparation of financial statements and reconcile intercompany accounts
- Review and validate incoming contracts and ensure proper revenue recognition. Maintain and recognize deferred revenue and accounts receivable schedules
- Prepare various schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audit for independent external tax consultants including VAT reports, sales tax, fixed assets and other financial data. Research issues, clarify information, and prepare supporting data
- Responsible for the EMEA billing process with multiple legal entities; including billing of goods and services to international customers, consulting work (time, material and fixed price), license and maintenance purchases, subscription purchases
- Manage all AP and AR activities for EMEA region
- Support any financial or accounting requests from international locations including US headquarters and Greece office, and communication with external accountants
- Assist the Accountants in various location to monitor the daily bank activities for proper accountability and update the bank reconciliations. Provide accurate Cash Disbursement and Cash Receipts Reports
- Support and close collaboration with Sales organization on vendor setup and finance-related questions
- Manage and approve EMEA travel expenses
- Support and assist with the company annual compensation review process
- Support the VP Global HR in company law issues specific to EMEA and the Germany office location
- Assist with the establishment, documentation and continuous improvement of financial processes, policies, procedures, workflows and forms. Ensure accounting policies and procedures are being consistently followed and adhered to
- Office Management responsibilities including communication with banks, managing insurance, and communication with financial and public authorities
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- 5+ years of Accounting experience required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Proficient in a variety of accounting software programs; NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of US/German GAAP, particularly software revenue recognition. Experience in software industry a plus.
- Good communication skills within a diversified team
- Fluent German and English language required
- Attention to details and quick analytical mind required
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Adherence to Accounting policies and procedures
Why You’ll Love Stonebranch:
- Build Your Career at one of Atlanta Journal Constitution's Top Workplaces 2022
- Competitive compensation
- Regular social events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Stonebranch, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this extraordinary career opportunity with Stonebranch, please apply directly via our recruiting platform by clicking the button below.